Saturday, February 26, 2011

God is GOOD!!!

Part 1 of 2

WOW.....

The past 7 months have been the hardest, most rewarding months of my life.  My husband and I separated back in July and I decided to come home to stay with my parents...  For the first month, I hid because I was embarassed, didn't really talk to anyone. Not even my closest friends knew what was going on. 

When I finally decided to get out and find a job, the first place that I went to was the portrait studio at JCPenney.  And to my luck, they were hiring!!! Now if you know me at all, you know that photography is my passion and one day I really do hope to have my own studio.  So, the next week I went in for an interview, and the next week I actually got to start the job.  I was so excited. I finally got to do what I loved AND my manager became a very good friend of mine.  I knew that I could talk to her and she knew that she could talk to me.

So, in the midst of the pain, God was still at work in my life and blessing me in little ways.  I think it was HIS way of telling me that he hadn't forgotten me and HE still loved me.  So for the next 5 months, I worked like crazy.  I loved it. And for awhile I was not thinking about how hurt I was by everything that had happened with my husband and I.  I guess you could say it was my "band-aid". 

I started my own little healing process.  I prayed, read books and just grew in my relationship with Christ. God showed me the strength in myself that I never thought I had.  I realized that in all the areas I was looking for my husband to satisfy, only God could satisfy....

There is a hole in your heart that only God can truly fill and if you let anything else try to fill that hole, you end up hurt, lost and empty.  I guess I found that out the hard way.

Just a few weeks ago, my husband called me one Saturday night and told me that he had been dealing with a lot of junk and also talking to a lot of people and came to the realization that he DID love me and that he DID want to work things out with me.

He cried....I cried.....

No comments:

Post a Comment